Interns at SFBI assist instructors in the day-to-day operations of the school while working to elevate their level of baking and pastry competence. The Internship is three months long, Monday-Friday, early morning to afternoon. This position demands a lot of attention, dedication, and hard work, but the benefits are huge. For our internship program, applicants need to have at least 200 hours of culinary school baking curriculum or 4 years in the baking field with experience in all departments (bread, pastry, cake, etc). Interns rotate in stations covering bread, viennoiserie, and pastry. We are proud of our internship program, and of our interns.
How to Apply:
Artisanal French bakery in Hudson NY, seeks a highly-skilled bread baker to lead our program. This is a ready-made setting for you to develop a cult following, with lots of creative freedom. Your main collaborator is our one of a kind, French, wood-burning oven. Add to that local, organic flours from local farm Wild Hive, and all natural leavenings. Our signature loaf is a whole-wheat baguette from a master baker in Le Perche, France. Pastry skills are also needed, as we also produce a full line of viennoiseries, eclairs etc..
At least 4 years professional experience, with at least one year in the leadership position.
- Strong work ethic. This is a hands on position.
- Extensive experience with natural leavenings and European-style artisanal bread making.
- Strong administrative skills, including managing costs, staff, and production schedules.
- A love of imparting your knowledge, and nurturing and disciplining aspiring talent.
- A life-long learner approach, and a drive to research and experiment continuously.
La Farm Bakery is seeking a skilled baker that will be versatile and driven to excel at all traditional artisan, from scratch positions (mixing, dividing, shaping and baking). Candidates should be able to execute consistent product quality in a high volume setting while be excited to collaborate development and implementation of our creative seasonal menu. Our goal is to find a candidate that wants to be a leader, who has the passion for bread and can grow into or has already been a trainer to assist new personnel as we continue to expand. We are looking for:
Rustic Bakery is a thriving bakery in Marin County. We have been producing award winning pastries and breads for over 8 years. With the growth of our business, the need for top notch employees is immediate. We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to help build and grow our pastry production.
· Experience in scaling, mixing, baking and decorating a wide variety of cakes, pies, pastries and breads.
· Manage bakery team, inventory and daily production
· Manage and maintain bakery equipment and cleanliness of bakery
· Assist other culinary departments when needed
· Two years training as a pastry chef or job related experience
· Excellent time management abilities
· Must be organized and ability to manage others.
Firebrand AM/ PM Baker Job Posting: Firebrand Artisan Breads is the only wood-fired oven commercial bakery in the East Bay. We are opening our first retail bakeshop the first week of November, in the new Hive development in Uptown Oakland. It will be a showcase for our beautiful hearth loaves, luscious pastries, high-end coffee with a creative spin, and amazing sandwiches from Pal’s Takeaway in San Francisco. If you are passionate about excellence in craft, we are looking for you to join our team of like-minded professionals! The bakery hours will be from 7am-7pm, seven days a week. We are looking to hire for two pastry prep positions.
About the position: The Firebrand Baker is responsible for making a wide range of breads and other baked goods.
· Over time you will learn and understand the baking process from beginning to end.
· You will be given the opportunity to work independently and, at times, with few other people in your space.
· Someone who does this job extremely well will be considered for apprenticeship projects in which your are asked to experiment with new recipes and raw material (scientifically documenting, testing, tasting and reporting on new products).
Must be able to:
· Learn and adhere to the high standards of baking set by Firebrand
· Communicate well verbally and in writing with co-workers, managers and owners
· Be able to make quick, accurate decisions
· Understand the importance of scheduling, and meeting tight deadlines
· Follow and develop good safety habits at all times.
· Work weekends and holidays, if needed: be available in general
· Work independently, often alone, and also as part of a team
Primary functions of the job:
· Measure and mix ingredients
· Roll, cut and shape dough according to recipe
· Must have keen attention to detail
· Must keep bakery organized and workspace tidy
The physical requirements include being able to:
· Lift and carry up to 50 pounds consistently, continuously and up/down stairs
· Stand for eight-plus hours each day
· Bend at the waist and use one’s wrists continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
· Reach over the shoulders many times per day.
· Withstand continuous use of the wrists and consistent repetitive motion
· Walk around our facility
· AM/PM Bakers needed
· Weekend availability is a must
Pay Rate: $12.25 or Based on Experience
• A strong desire to be part of a team that is committed to deliver products at the highest level of craft
• A clean and tidy appearance and we encourage you to bring your authentic selves to work!
• 18 years or older
Pink Posy is a charming bake shop opening this December in Palo Alto’s Stanford Shopping Center. We make delicious and beautiful cakes for weddings, birthdays, baby and bridal showers, holidays and other celebrations. We also make delicious breakfast pastries and pies, artisanal sandwiches, gourmet salads and espresso creations. All of our products are handmade with great care and feature locally-sourced, natural and organic ingredients whenever possible.We pride ourselves on providing delicious baked goods and friendly and efficient customer service.We are looking for exceptional team members who enjoy baking and have a can-do attitude. You must possess a natural ability to be accommodating, courteous, thoughtful and patient. You must be attentive and have good listening skills. Have a willingness to learn about the products so that you can engage with your customers. Pay great attention to detail by always ensuring that the bake shop, the products and your personal appearance are neat and tidy. Enjoy working in a team environment and assisting your fellow coworkers with the task at hand. Have clear communication skills. Delight each customer and take pride in making them feel welcome and special. Experience baking cakes and pastries is essential. However, we recognize the value of a great attitude and the desire to learn and will consider training if you have the basic skills for the job.
Position Overview: We are looking for specific information on a particular position, please click on the Employment Opportunities link at the bottom of our website – www.pinkposy.com LEAD BAKERS AND ASSISTANT BAKERS, PIE MAKER, CAKE DECORATORS, SALAD AND SANDWICH PREP PERSON, BAKERY RETAIL STORE MANAGER & SHIFT SUPERVISORS, EVENT COORDINATOR,&NBSP, BARISTA & NBSP, BAKERY CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE.