Interns at SFBI assist instructors in the day-to-day operations of the school while working to elevate their level of baking and pastry competence. The Internship is three months long, Monday-Friday, early morning to afternoon. This position demands a lot of attention, dedication, and hard work, but the benefits are huge. For our internship program, applicants need to have at least 200 hours of culinary school baking curriculum or 4 years in the baking field with experience in all departments (bread, pastry, cake, etc). Interns rotate in stations covering bread, viennoiserie, and pastry. We are proud of our internship program, and of our interns.
How to Apply:
OH- LOOKING FOR A LEAD BAKER AND BAKER
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced baker to get in on the ground level at a rapidly expanding, wholesale artisan bakery. Lucky Cat Bakery has outgrown its cottage industry roots and is moving into a newly rebuilt, modern facility this summer.
Located in Granville, OH, about 35 minutes from downtown Columbus and 5 minutes from downtown Granville (home of Denison University), we offer a full line of hearth baked and pan loaves, as well as frozen muffin batters and scones.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience as a supervisor in a wholesale bakery, thorough knowledge of artisan bread production, familiarity with a wide range of breads (including high-hydration dough and rye breads), the ability to create and follow recipes, strong communication and organization skills, experience with retarding breads, par-baked products, and rigorous attention to detail. A positive attitude and a sense of humor are definite pluses!
6 days per week. This is a salaried position and pay is dependent on experience.
Lucky Cat Bakery is also hiring a Baker. We are seeking someone with experience in an artisan bread bakery who is eager to take on a challenging and rewarding position in a rapidly expanding operation.
The Baker will work with other Bakers under the supervision of the owner/operator and Lead Baker to perform all functions of bread production including: weighing out ingredients, mixing starters and dough, shaping and panning loaves, and participating in packaging and daily cleaning.
6 days per week. Pay is based on experience.
CA- Position: Baker
Location: ASUC, University of California, Berkeley
Performs a variety of baking duties and assists with the preparation of breads and pastries. Works around a tight production schedule and maintains bakery standards.
- Bakes breads and pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements
- Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes and following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment
- Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages
- Ensure proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within the work area
- Handles food items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately, and efficiently
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of bakery supplies, equipment, services, and inventory control
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
- Preference will be given to those with bakery work experience or an educational background in culinary
CA- We are a small wood-fired Artisan Bakery in Point Reyes. We are searching for the right person to add to our great crew.
You must be flexible with shift times (includes some 2 am shifts), independantly motivated, yet able to work easily alongside others as part of a close team. You will need to follow direction carefully as well.
A minimum of one year bread experience required, as it is very important to understand the rules and requirements of working with food, & bread in particular. We are dedicated to making the highest quality products possible.
CA- Head Baker For New Cookie Shop in San Francisco
Are you excited to be a part of a brand new business and help build it from the ground up? We are passionate about cookies and have opened a new cookie shop in San Francisco. We are looking for a head baker.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Day-to-day production and baking of cookies (drop cookies, bar cookies, etc.) to ensure product quality and consistency
• Development and refinement of menu to include daily/weekly/monthly specials
• Assist in handling of customer orders both in-store and for delivery
• Inventory management and quality control
• Maintaining kitchen and storeroom organization and cleanliness
• Must have at least two years of experience working in a professional kitchen. Culinary degree and baking experience preferred
• Must be able to work a Tues-Sat, 6-7am-3-4pm schedule
• Must be able to show proof of ServSafe certification upon hire
• Must be able to take direction, perform opening and closing shift duties, manage daily orders, and serve customers when needed.
• Understand and respond to situations with appropriate sense of urgency and good judgment
• Must be a quick and efficient worker with ability to multi-task
• Must be able to stand on their feet for a full day and capable of managing 50lb bags of flour/sugar
• Support owner/manager with strategies and feedback for growth and health of business
Please attach your resume when responding and include in your email why you believe you would be a good fit for our position. Thank you for your interest.
CA- The Model Bakery at Oxbow Public Market in Napa is looking for a skilled bread baker. We are looking for a baker that has experience with bread baking (at least 2 years). This requires shaping and dividing skills, baking in deck ovens, and working with artisan style breads in a fast-paced environment. This is an afternoon-evening position. Both part-time and full-time available.
CA- Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm-6:30am
We provide benefits such as:
-11 Paid Holidays
-Health, Vision, Dental benefits after 30 days.
-Paid Time Off (PTO) 2 Weeks by 1st year.
-Yearly Performance Reviews
-0-3 years experience- (recent graduates ok)
-ServSafe Certified Preferred
-Culinary Arts Degree Preferred
-Good work ethic
-Pass background check
The location is at the Facebook Campus in Menlo Park, CA
CA- The Pastry Cupboard, a growing bay area artisan bakery, is hiring an experienced kitchen and pastry supervisor. Excellent growth opportunity for the right person. The Kitchen Supervisor (under direction and supervision of the manager and owner) is responsible for the people, product, equipment, and physical workspace of the kitchen, and will also fulfill a part-time production role. Wage is negotiable based on proven talents, track record, and experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate commercial kitchen equipment including convection ovens, mixers, sheeters, etc
• Assist manager in supervising kitchen crew in all areas of production, cleaning, and maintenance
• Assist manager in developing and maintaining appropriate pars of ingredients and other supplies
• Produce laminated doughs, cakes, breads, bagels, and other pastry.
• Maintain high product quality standards
• Maintain kitchen in inspection condition at all times.
• Maintain positive, productive relations with coworkers and customers.
• Other duties as assigned by kitchen manager.
FL: Looking for Pastry &Baker Chef
As a Pastry Chef you are responsible to take care of the daily pastry preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
•Take full responsibilities of the pastry and bakery kitchen section
•Create high quality and creative pastry products to satisfy the customer
•Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
•Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with new pastries recipes and preparation techniques
•Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in pastry set up of buffets and special functions
•Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
•Consult and check on daily pastry requirements, functions and last minute events
•Ensure high standards of hygiene within the pastry kitchen
We need someone who can produce consistent, high-quality work. You must be familiar with a variety of preferments, classic European breads, and state of the art formulas for whole grain breads and other adventures.
Experience with Viennoiserie and french pastry is a Must.
You must be able to work alone.
Must have a true passion for baking rustic, handmade breads, have prior experience baking baguettes, sourdoughs, miches, and have knowledge/experience with using poolish and levain starters, and of course french pastry
Pastry: 3 years
CA- Job Title: Intern/Assistant Pastry Chef
Position Summary: As an Intern/Assistant Pastry ChefYour role will be to help prepare, produce decorate daily our different variety of cream puffs.
You will have to ensure that recipes are followed 100% of the time and that all the cream puffs offers to the exacting standards of the recipe satisfaction.
You will have to meet and/or exceed the local and food handling standards to insure that the kitchen and the food storage areas are in compliance.Hours: part Time ( 20 hours )5 days/week Monday: 8:00 – 1:00Wednesday: 8:00 – 1:00 Friday: 8:00 – 1:00 Saturday: 8:00 – 1:00 Sunday: 8:00 – 1:00. We can work the schedule a little to match your hours/ school.
Company: CHOUX Bakery
Be in a pastry school or with a Pastry degree certificate including a knowledge in making different pastry dough (cream puff dough and other), custards, know how to work sugar, caramel, and chocolate;
Strong communication skills and understand/follow instructions; Able to work under the leadership of someone but also able to work independently in the absence of the pastry chef. Ability to handle weight up to 50 pounds occasionally;
Great attention to details;
Having strong time management and organizational skills;
Motivated and have a passion for baking;
Have a positive attitude at work.
CA- Le Marais Bistro & Bakery in San Francisco seeks a Bread Baker and a Bakery Apprentice/pastry assistant with an active and growing interest in artisanal bread making.
Our bread baker works with high hydration doughs and natural means of leavening. We appreciate the long-standing traditions of bread making. Our selection of loaves are made with locally milled, organic flours, hand-shaped and scored, and then fermented for seventeen hours before being baked in a Zoom stone deck oven. From a tradi baguette to seasonal loaves, our breads stand out for their uniqueness of flavors and ingredients, as well as the variety of flours used in creating our levains, which lend the doughs richer, deeper flavors.
- Baking at a deck oven
- Mixing preferments, feeding and maintaining starter cultures
- Preparation of mise-en-plas
- Shaping and scoring loaves
- Proactive assistance with kitchen cleanliness and organization
CA- R&D Product Development Specialist
The Research and Development Product Development Specialist will be responsible for development of new flatbread products and current product improvements. The product development will be driven through ideas developed internally and customer-driven requests. Leadership required from idea conception through commercial start-up. This role will also support the preparation of samples and documentation as required to fulfill requests from customers and our sales team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Product development will include the following activities: preliminary costing to assist in product design and feasibility, nutritional analysis to ensure the initial design and final product meets requirements.
• Development of product which provides correct flavor, texture, and appearance. Significant focus will be utilizing culinary, bakery and technical knowledge to utilize ingredients which achieves target requirements.
• Generate bench top samples for presentation to inside and outside customers, while maintaining awareness of current plant process capabilities.
• Monitor quality conformance of finished products. Participate in sensory evaluations of all product produced and shelf life, when possible. Monitor daily and weekly results for trends and as required investigate issues and work with relevant management to help to develop action plans to address issues.
• Development of finished good operating parameter and raw material specifications.
• Design and execute new product line test runs with the production team. This would include generating line test specifications, analyzing line test results and providing recommendations for appropriate adjustments to product formulas and/or processes to keep manufactured product within desired target cost parameters and organoleptic attributes.
• 1-2 years’ experience in Product Development or related field.
• 3 year minimum experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Bachelors of Science in Food Science or related fields preferred.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office suite; Excel required, Access preferred).
• Able to work effectively as a team member and alone.
• Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing with vendors, customers and co-workers;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Shows initiative and able to work as part of a team; communicates effectively.
• Excellent organization skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
CA- Firebrand Artisan Breads, Oakland's only wood-fired brick oven bakery, is seeking bread shapers and a morning baker. We craft naturally leavened bread, shape by hand, and keep a fast paced environment. We like to work hard and hustle.
Late Morning Shaper- Full time- competitive hourly wage
AM Shaper/Baker- Full time- competitive hourly wage
We are looking for someone who:
-Has some experience in bread or specialty foods
-Is familiar with shaping baguettes, batards, boules, and rolls
-Is able to work 8+ hours on their feet
-Understands the importance of tight schedules and deadlines
-Can work independently and as a member of a team
-Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Is able to lift and carry 50 pounds and move product up and down stairs
-Has a flexible schedule with weekends and holidays included
-Has a desire to constantly learn and be challenged
-Is self motivated and enthusiastic, especially under pressure
CA- Seeking Lead Baker- Nick and Aron's is a new restaurant, bakery, pizzeria, and cafe serving North Oakland near MacArthur BART. Drawing upon the success of Nick's Pizza, also in North Oakland, we'll be offering our signature sourdough pizza as well as pastries and espresso drinks in the morning, and table service with beer and wine in the evening. The restaurant and bakery will open in late March. You can find more information about the project at nickandarons.com
We're looking for a full-time lead baker to work with us to develop recipes and to work both independently and with a team. Candidates must have a good amount of sourdough bread making experience, as well as familiarity with laminated doughs and pastry work. Must be available to work early morning hours.
Nick and Aron are both firmly rooted in the East Bay and as such we've always been inspired by the rich diversity of our home. We strive to provide a working environment welcoming of Queers, Persons of Color, and Women. Folks who identify as such, as well as residents of Oakland, are encouraged to apply.
AK- Flying Squirrel Bakery Café is looking for responsible, enthusiastic, friendly foodies to apply for the busy 2015 summer season, or sooner!
Bakers at Flying Squirrel participate in all aspects of making pastries, artisan breads, cookies, and other treats from scratch. Bakers work independently and as part of a team. Seasonally high volume and fast pace with opportunities for creativity. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, excellent at multi-tasking, following and improving recipes, and, ideally, interested in healthy baking. Prefer 1-2 years relevant experience, willing to train motivated fast learners. Enthusiasm, a friendly, team-oriented attitude, and a sense of humor are highly recommended. Full time, mornings/weekends required.
CA- Baker, or assistant baker. (hayward / castro valley)
compensation: Commensurate with experience
Silva Bakery is looking to hire a motivated baker, or assistant baker, immediately. This position offers 5 NIGHT shifts per week (00:00 - 08:00), dependent on your availability and our needs.
We are a family owned that has been in operation for over 30 years and are dedicated to making Portuguese breads and pastries.
-Must be able to work night shifts
-Must be dependable
-Must be able to work independently
-Must be able to work legally in US
-Must be able to lift 50 lbs
-Must have Food Safety Certificate (or take course before starting)
-Excellent communication skills
CA-Philip Marks Chocolates in SF has an immediate opening for a chocolatier with knowledge and experience tempering chocolate. We use a very high end chocolate so must be familiar with knowing how to work with Dark, Milk and White chocolate. This position will begin with an estimated 20-25 hours a week with an increase to full time once the company is successfully launched. This person will have the opportunity to rise to head of production and management of the making of our products. This is a highly independent position. Candidates must have the ability to work efficiently on their own, self-start, and problem solve. Candidates should be able to perform well under pressure.
Vision and creativity are greatly desired for this position.
-Chocolate tempering and ingredient prep are a vital component of the job
-Working alone and with a team, while keeping control of quality and standards
-Able to follow recipes and keep well organized
-Consistency and quality assurance of your products
-Confidence and ability to communicate production schedules, needing of assistance, supplies etc.. is vital
-Ability to lead by example, and also communicate clear standards to coworkers
-Washing molds and wares
-Maintain sanitation, cleaning and presentation standards
-0-3 years of experience (recent graduates ok)
-Food Handlers Certificate
-Good work ethic; punctual and reliable
-2-3 letters of recommendation
-Passion for chocolate
Please put in your heading; Chocolatier position
CA- Communicate with Executive Pastry Chef and higher management
Experience with artisan breads, baguettes, and laminated dough Baguettes
Works well as part of a team
Passionate about quality
Reports to Head Baker
Los Alamos, CA: Bob’s Well Bread Bakery, located in a meticulously restored vintage filling station, is seeking talented bakers to join our team.
At Bob’s Well Bread Bakery, using old-world European techniques, our products are hand-made daily with only the finest ingredients and natural starters. No added preservatives will be found in any of the things we bake, and we strive to source our ingredients locally using farmers and growers who practice organic initiatives, as well as from our herb and vegetable garden right outside of our doors.
Bakers joining us will be involved in all phases of bread production (scaling, mixing, shaping, baking) as well as laminated pastries, cookies, scones and new product development. You should be organized, efficient, consistent, detail oriented and reliable. We need passionate bakers who will be dedicated to helping our bakery continue to grow and build upon our already strong reputation on the Central Coast.
Ideal candidates will have several years of professional baking experience working with high hydration dough and deck ovens.
Flour & Co, a Modern American Bakery, is seeking a General Manager. As part of the management team at Flour & Co, we are seeking a person who is highly team oriented, brings a positive energy to work each day, and has a keen interest in growing within the organization.
The General manager spends 80% of time on the floor in a guest service capacity. Our most important job of the day is making guests feel welcome and efficiently served. We do this through presence, respect, kindness, and the genuine interest in knowing the neighbor.
The general manager is responsible for the daily bakery operations including, but not limited to:
• The retail and support team's contribution on a daily basis with regards to efficiently working together to get our guests what they need and want.
• Being a stickler on systems, policies and procedures used to most efficiently run the operations.
• Maintaining a clean and organized bakery by way of staff accountability and personal organization.
• Supervising & developing all employees and oneself by fostering an environment centered around teamwork, respect and the utmost professionalism.
• Hiring, disciplining, firing and providing ongoing feedback to staff
• Completing daily, weekly, and monthly ordering and inventories
• Managing the bakery's financial performance and cost structures with a full understanding of a P&L
• Providing a safe and secure work environment for staff with regards to health and sanitation guidelines first and foremost.
A passion for bakeries or baked goods is a huge plus! At least one year people management experience in a hospitality setting is a must, as well as experience managing in a high volume, quick service setting. Weekends are mandatory as they are our busiest days of the week, but they fly by! Reply with your resume if interested, and include a brief summary of why you think you are a great candidate for the job.
Our bakery features savory and sweet American classic baked goods, made from scratch each day, using organic, natural, and/or seasonal ingredients. A simple breakfast and lunch menu, plus coffee and espresso is also available.
The right ASSISTANT BAKER will be a morning person who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, and who has experience in pastry in a professional kitchen or culinary school. You must be able to work off of recipes, follow direction, work as a team, and be a good communicator. The position is full time and the shift is from 4am to 12pm.