FAQ About Classes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Classes
• What is the schedule for 5-Day Workshops?
Workshops run from Monday through Friday, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
( sometimes 3:30 PM)
• What should I wear to class?
Students are required to wear long pants and closed-toe, non-skid shoes. We recommend a baker’s uniform of black or checked pants, a white chef’s jacket and hats, although these are optional.
• What should I bring to class?
Students should bring a notebook, writing utensils and a calculator to class. Cameras are optional.
We will provide you with breakfast pastries and lunch.
• Can I bring my mobile phone to class?
As a courtesy to our instructors and fellow students, mobile phones must be shut off or left on vibrate mode during class.
• Where can I stay while attending class at SFBI?
Visit this page for a summary of lodging options near our location in South San Francisco.
• If I stay in San Francisco, will I be close enough to your campus?
The SFBI campus is accessible from downtown San Francisco via a 30-45 minute trip on public transportation, or a 10-15 drive for students renting a car. Click here for a map and directions.